Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 6

Stayed up too late last night again so I missed my workout. I should have gone at lunchtime.

9:00 am - oatmeal: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 T chia seeds. I heated them up this time for a warm breakfast.



12:30 pm - cheesy kale soup, gigantic apple



I finally made a recipe that's been on my "to try" list for a while: Chef AJ's Disappearing Lasagna. I tend to make simpler recipes but was able to do this one because I made the components in stages: no-oil marinara one day, tofu-spinach filling and saucy mushrooms another day, assembly and baking today. It was pretty good, but too salty for me. I think maybe using full sodium tamari for the mushrooms (I didn't have any low-sodium) was the culprit? I ended up serving the lasagna on a bed of spinach but later found that since it was so salty, I just ate handfuls of spinach between bites to cut the salty taste.

7:30 pm - salad: romaine, spinach, red pepper, tomatoes, carrot, red cabbage, orange/hummus dressing; Chef AJ's disappearing lasagna with about 6 oz of spinach





Sorry, this was the first piece of lasagna out of the pan and I couldn't get it out cleanly. Looks more like "lasagna mess"!

cron-o-meter report:


100% of my targets met today (yay!) and almost 60g of fiber.

0 comments:

Post a Comment