Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 7

Ugh, I keep going to bed too late which makes it very difficult for me to wake up in the morning and workout. Tuesdays are a tough day to sneak in anything during the day because I have an evening class that runs until 9 pm, which also means I can't go outside for lunch.

A coworker has been expressing some interest in adopting a plant-based diet. He is pre-diabetic and is in a household where an older relative is diabetic (and eats terribly from what I understand). I've given him many resources and talked to him over the past few weeks about various topics but I'm curious to see what will actually happen. I am trying very hard not to be preachy and just volunteer information when he asks for it.

When I mentioned yesterday that I would be making a plant-based lasagna, he asked me if I could bring some in for him. I did but was also a little worried, because I generally don't think people should expect vegan, oil-free things to taste like the SAD foods they're replacing. Honestly I think they taste better :) , but different. He said it was "outstanding" and seemed to be impressed that plant-based food could be so tasty.

9:00 am - oatmeal: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 T chia seeds

10:00 am - gigantic organic fuji apple

12:30 pm - Chef AJ's disappearing lasagna with 6 oz spinach

9:45 pm - another serving of lasagna

0 comments:

Post a Comment